This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure page for more info.
Whether you're out on a date, walking home from school together, or hanging out in your backyard, you need to know the best questions to ask a girl. Girls love attention and exciting conversations, and your role is to make it happen.
The best questions to ask a girl must be fun, relatable, and inspire replies beyond yes or no. Boring questions will return short and (sometimes) awkward answers, which could ruin the moment; heck, it could ruin your chances of getting to know her and building stronger bonds.
Arm yourself with these foolproof ideas and questions that will make her appreciate spending time with you. We categorized all questions; use each one depending on the kind of conversation you want to facilitate.
Best Questions to Ask a Girl: 91 Ideas
Why Do Girls Like Answering Questions?
Generally, girls like answering questions because it shows you're interested in getting to know them. They appreciate the time, attention, and curiosity.
The longer the conversation lasts, the more they can tell if you're interested in them as friends or partners. The best part is, if a girl already likes you, she wouldn't mind answering your questions; she would even jump at the opportunity.
Remember that not every question is worth asking; some questions could ruin any chance you had of scoring points with a girl.
Remember:; Don’t Interrogate
Some guys interrogate girls without realizing they're doing more harm than good. Don't be that guy! You're not a detective trying to solve a case, and she is not a suspect. Ask great conversation starters, not about her deepest secret when you first meet here.
There’s a fine line between asking interesting questions and too many personal questions. A great conversation asks personal questions that can evoke interesting answers from her.
While it's understandable that you want to know all you can about her, you also want to be systematic and not pushy.
The bottom line is, don't be a creep. The goal here is to ask only fun and engaging questions, which would do the trick.
Now, let's see the 50 best questions to ask a girl (and win her heart).
Easy “Get to Know You” Questions for Interesting Conversation
1. Where do you love to hang out?
Ready To Make Your First Budget?
Enter your email and get the free template
2. Who's your favorite artist and best song?
3. What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?
4. What's your dream vacation destination, and why?
5. Where do you want to go to college?
6. What are you passionate about?
How I Make $11,000 Per Year Renting Out My Spare Rooms?
Get access to my FREE guide now.
7. Are you a pet lover?
8. When is your birthday?
9. What's your ideal career?
10. What do you think about life?
11. What are you grateful for?
12. Do you worry about what others think?
12. When was the last time you felt so happy about something?
13. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your younger self?
14. What's your favorite quote?
15. What's that thing you're passionate about but can't do it?
16. What's the funniest experience you've ever had?
17. What do you like to do for fun?
18. What's the weirdest thing you've ever done?
19. If you could, would you have chosen to be a boy or a girl?
20. Which television or fictional character resonates with you?
21. If you could choose a superpower, what would it be?
22. What would you do if your dog started speaking to you?
23. Have you ever tip-toed to your room after coming home late?
24. What qualities do you like in men?
25. What would you do if you met your celebrity crush?
26. What's a dealbreaker for you in a relationship?
27. Have you ever told a guy how you feel about them?
28. Can you date your best friend's ex?
29. Why do you feel attracted to me?
30. Do you think love is enough to keep a relationship?
31. What's your ideal dream proposal experience?
32. Have you ever fallen in love?
33. Have you broken someone's heart before?
34. How many relationships have you had?
35. How did your last relationship end?
36. Looking back now, would you say you made the right choice of boyfriends?
37. What do you miss from your past relationships?
38. Would you go back to an ex if the opportunity presented itself?
39. What have you learned from your past relationships?
40. What's a ridiculous thing you've done for love?
41. What are your best childhood memories?
42. What don't you like about your parents?
43. What's your typical day like?
44. What do you like/dislike about your school?
44. How many kids would you like to have? (these random questions should be used later)
45. Do you enjoy company or like being alone?
46. Who do you think runs the world – girls or boys?
47. Do you prefer a surprise birthday or a planned one?
48. Which food would you like to have for the first time?
49. Do you prefer road trips or taking a flight?
50. What are the best questions to ask a girl?
51. Who were you in primary school?
52. What is your love language?
53. If you could be any animated character, who would you be?
54. What is yoru dream job?
55. How would your best friend describe you in one word?
56. What’s the weirdest thing anyone has ever told you on a first date?
57. What’s your most embarrassing moment as a child? (maybe save these random questions for later)
58. What happened in your most bizarre dream?
59. What would happen on your dream date?
60. Best practical joke by a family member?
61. What is your spirit animal?
62. What’s your favorite food?
63. Which family member is your favorite?
64. What’s your one guilty pleasure not many know about?
65. What’s the last movie you watched?
66. What do you do in your free time?
67. On vacation what is your dream destination?
68. What reality TV shows do you watch?
69. Which favorite childhood memory sticks out to you the most?
70. Who was your first crush? Where is her now?
71. What’s your family’s weirdest tradition?
72. Worst pickup line?
73. Are you a spiritual person?
74. What hidden talents do you have?
75. What’s your favorite sport? Do you play sports?
76. What irrational fears do you have?
77. What’s your first memory?
78. Who tells funny stories in your family?
79. Do you spend all night playing video games?
80. What’s the most annoying thing about the opposite sex?
81. What’s your favorite movie?
82. What do you do on Friday night usually?
83. Do you prefer small talk or talking about deep fears?
84. What’s the worst job you’ve had?
85. Where did you have your first kiss?
86. What’s on your bucket list?
87. What do you want to cross off your bucket list this year?
88. What’s your most important deal breaker with guys?
89. What makes a good person?
90. What’s the biggest lesson life has taught you so far?
91. What makes for a better first date: good conversation flowing or sharing something that is a bit embarrassing?
Final Thoughts – Ask About Her Dream Job or Favorite Fictional Character
You have to be 100% committed to asking the right questions if you want to win a girl's heart. Don't ask these questions all at once or take them sequentially; naturally keep the conversation flowing.
You probably only need to ask one or two questions, which would be enough for that moment. And that's because her answers could dovetail into other fun conversations you didn't imagine would surface.
Listen carefully and don’t revert to a silly question. She’ll love the funny questions and and be ready to keep the conversation going with an interesting story because not everyone can hold a conversation.
Remember, keep an eye on her body language and keep your favorite joke for when you need her to laugh.
If she is not holding eye contact and sloucher in her body language she may be losing interest. Change the questions to something both you will enjoy.
Lastly, these are conversation starters, not conversation enders. Conversation starters should begin a conversation and you have to keep it going down the fun path.
Jude Uchella is a health and wellness advocate and founder of Health Makes You, a reliable resource for comprehensive answers to health-related questions/challenges. He is supported by a team of professionals (a doctor, an anatomist, and a fitness trainer) who contribute and fact-check content on the website.